Message in the picture:
“Count it all joy, when you meet trials of various kinds,” from James 1:3 (ESV)
Scripture for the day:
1 Peter 4:12-16 (ERV) “Suffering as a Follower of Christ”
• 12 My friends, don’t be surprised at the painful things that you are now suffering, which are testing your faith. Don’t think that something strange is happening to you
• 13 But you should be happy that you are sharing in Christ’s sufferings. You will be happy and full of joy when Christ shows his glory.
• 14 When people say bad things to you because you follow Christ, consider it a blessing. When that happens, it shows that God’s Spirit, the Spirit of glory, is with you.
• 15 You may suffer, but don’t let it be because you murder, steal, make trouble, or try to control other people’s lives.
• 16 But if you suffer because you are a “Christ-follower,” don’t be ashamed. You should praise God for that name.
Thought for the day:
I am not saying it is not hard at times and definitely not saying we cannot give in to our feelings and emotions. After being born again we are / should be more in touch with feelings and emotions [read Ezekiel 11:19 and 36:26].
Hopefully you have a better understanding of why we can be happy even when we go through life tests and trying times; count it all joy—be blessed—Tim.
The ‘Daily Word’ posts only make sense when you go to the site and read the full message.
♥ Question for ‘count it all joy’:
Have you learned to be happy and joyful at all times?